Guest post by http://www.sexualaddict.co.uk/
Sexual trauma is caused, when a child or an adult is forced, tricked, threatened, or manipulated into undesired sexual activity. Sexual abuse is the most common kind of sexual trauma, which undermines trust and adversely affects a healthy relationship.
Counselling is essential for sexual trauma survivors. Unfortunately, many sexual abuse young victims avoid help. Sexual trauma counselling in London Clinic has observed that the young sexually abused survivor’s display symptoms like
- Exhibit numbing or anxious behaviour
- Get hypersensitive and startled at sudden noises
- Display a depressed characteristic like make no eye contact or never smile or have sleep or eat disorders
- Use alcohol or drug to freeze their feelings
- Kids can possibly become sexually pre-active because they are exposed to material prematurely
- Act aggressively
For adolescent and children sexual trauma is very much upsetting. Each abused person’s experience is different and their response to it also is unique. Counselling can help these survivors to deal with the excruciating emotions that can pop up anytime or at any point in their life.
Sexual trauma therapy for adults
Adults experiencing sexual trauma suffer from PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). Sexual trauma counselling in London Clinics handle PTSD in several ways. They make use of four methods to address sexual abuse trauma.
- Stress inoculation training – The three phases included in this method are – education, skill-building and applying. Survivors learn about the reasons behind their terror and self-help strategies of managing these negative feelings.
- Prolonged exposure – Exposing traumatic memories repeatedly reduces the fear level of the experienced trauma. Ultimately, the survivor starts to feel less frightened with these memories and soon it is a thing of the past.
- Cognitive processing therapy – Counsellors deal with the traumatic experience through discussions. They even provide techniques to develop healthy feelings.
- Multiple channel confession therapy – The survivors are taught to detect their panic symptoms and encouraged to discuss their sexual trauma. Moreover, they are also made to understand that panic symptoms will never harm them.
Sexual trauma therapy for children
Trauma focused cognitive behavioural therapy or TF-CBT is regarded as the best treatment that will help the sex abuse survivors and their caretakers to address the sexual trauma effects. In this therapy, the survivors are trained to overcome their negative emotions and behavioural responses. The brain is compelled to adjust the feelings linked with trauma. The three goals attained using TF-CBT methods are given below.
- Reduce the negative response in terms of emotion and behaviour from the mind of the child suffering from sex abuse.
- Change wrong and unhelpful thinking associated with abuse like self-blaming for the cause of abuse.
- Provide coping skills to the guardians of the survivor.
Get the best therapist to release you from the sexual trauma condition and push you towards a healthy and productive life.
Herbs have proved to be beneficial in treating different body ailments and diseases effectively and efficiently. Herbal products are quite helpful in treating complex diseases in the most suitable and appropriate manner without causing any side effects to the body. Herbal supplements are made using most natural and productive herbs that are known for their healing and medical benefits. Herbs are rich in minerals and help in the treatment of diseases in the most suitable and reliable manner.
Popular herbs and their benefits to the body
Turmeric – one of the most beneficial herbal elements, turmeric has anti inflammatory as well as antioxidant abilities. The herb helps in curing diseases like diabetes, cancer and also helps in maintaining the glucose content in the body. The herb provides immunity to the body to fight from injuries and help them heal faster and more safely.
Garlic – The garlic is rich in allicin that has anti viral and anti fungal capabilities. Garlic is quite rich in selenium and helps in getting better immunity from diseases. It also helps in better circulation as well as the digestive system. Garlic is quite known to make the blood thin that reduces the chances of blood clots in the body.
Ginger– Like garlic, ginger is also quite known for its anti- inflammatory and antioxidant qualities. The ginger is a proven remedy for many ailments and helps in cure of many diseases like the problem of cold and cough. Ginger is known to accelerate the flow of mucus in the body which is quite beneficial to reduce cough in the body.
Cayenne pepper– This one is quite significant and helps the patients who have problems related to migraine. Not only this, the cayenne pepper also helps in reducing different kinds of allergies that are faced on a daily basis. The pepper is also said to have digestive properties and is quite capable in reducing any problem related to digestion.